What could go wrong?

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Music in the Streets

So, there I was one evening studying exponentially hard on my Italian homework.

Ok, ok, you got me...

Let's start over:

So, there I was one evening, madly playing Half-Life 2.

Yet as the great wonder of Half-Life 2 blew my mind, set-piece after set-piece, I was pulled out from its Sci-Fi universe by the sound of some foreign noise coming from outside.

Humans, always have to make their presence known.

I pumped my CPU volume to a greater level, intent on drowning out such intrusion.

But as the noise continued, it slowly morphed into a rhythmic sound. It wasn't a mad racket, but actually music in the streets.

Mmmhmm....

Stung by the curious bug nestled within, I grudgingly paused Half-Life 2 and wondered off in search for the source.

Entranced by the flowing music, I followed the melodies as I would the Pied Piper.

As continued through the cobbled streets of ancient Florence, the music strengthened and before I knew it, a small musical carnival lay before my very eyes.

Due to the wonders of technology, I need not describe the showcase presented before me:

Music in the Streets

Although somewhat raw, it was a fascinating cultural endeavor.

Now, where was I in Half-Life 2?

No comments:

Post a Comment