What could go wrong?

Friday, November 5, 2010

Germany!

For fall break (last week of October), we planned out a wicked trip to Germany. My Mom would be flying in from England, while I from Italy. Our excursion would be to the Bavarian side of Germany, the southern region. 

Since my flight was going to be leaving from Milan, I rose bright and early on Saturday and jetted off towards the fashion capital of the world. 

The train to Milan was built into separate compartments, reminiscent of something out of Harry Potter:


After a very LONG 3 1/2 hour train ride, I took a bus shuttle to the Milan International Airport, where I found myself to be shockingly too early. 

I hung around a bit and but really isn't a whole of exponentially cool things to do in an airport. 

After draining way too time on my iPhone, the time arrived to board the first of my two flights. The first one was going to take me to Amsterdam, where I would meet up with my Mom, and then together we would take the second flight to Munich. 

Everything worked out smoothly and we descended in Munich without any problems. The German citizens were extremely polite and helping as soon as we arrived. Their attitude was truly warm and welcoming. 

Two passengers even graciously offered to let their family ticket also cover our trip into the city center. Since a family ticket could amount to five travelers, having my Mom and I travel with them wouldn't be an issue. Very of kind them. 

We arrived at our Hotel at about 10:30pm that evening.  

The next day was going to entail exploring Munich itself.  

Fittingly we took rest, knowing we would need the energy for the forthcoming days in our charting of the Germanic lands...

No comments:

Post a Comment