What could go wrong?

Monday, November 22, 2010

I Hate Traveling...

Ok, maybe the title's a bit of a stretch. I love to travel and venture through different portals of culture, but my return journey from Germany to Italy was just downright miserable.

Everything that could have gone wrong, went wrong.

I missed my first flight, which forced me to take a indirect flight to London. But it was to a smaller airport, which required me to transverse to the other side of the city, via underground, to Gatwick airport.

From there I boarded a flight to Rome. After landing, I took the underground to the Roma Termini, and boarded the last train from Rome to Florence.

It took 3 countries, 3 undergrounds, 3 airplanes, 2 shuttle buses, and freakin' train to get home. Is there any vehicle I didn't use?!?!

I started my journey at about 8am and collapsed onto my bed at a ridiculous 2am.

Plus, I ended up being sick for the next days, but I think that had more to do with feeling the repercussions of the German weather. It was practically Antarctica in Neuschwanstein!

Traveling's fun, only when it goes your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment